This article is all about how to find your Roku’s IP address using the Roku remote, your router, or the Remoku add-on for Google Chrome.
How to find Roku IP Address with your Remote
It is the easiest way to find your Roku’s IP address from within the device itself. Your Roku makes its IP address readily available within its menus. You just have to know where to look.
- From the Roku main menu, move down to the settings.
2. Then Search for the networking option.
3. Under that Sub menu, find About. There, you will find your Roku’s IP address and other useful information about your device.
How to find Roku IP Address without a Remote
You may not have always direct access to your Roku menus. If you need to troubleshoot or you are trying to configure something from another room. You can access your Roku’s IP address over any network in a couple of different ways.
With the Roku Chrome Extension
Another easier way through which you can get your Roku‘s IP is with a Roku remote add-on for Google Chrome called Roku.
Remoku is a Web application that lets you use a virtual remote on your computer to control your Roku over your network. Because of that, it needs a feature to find and connect to Roku over the network. Here is how you can find the way.
1.Open Google Chrome, then open the Chrome Web Store, you can find the link in the bookmark. If you don’t have any you can search in Google Chrome for “Chrome Apps” and the Chrome Web Store should come right up the first Result.
2. Once you open the Chrome App Store, search for “Remoku”, the first result will show you this.
3. then select Add to Chrome to add it to Chrome. \
4. Open Remoku via the icon in the upper right of your Chrome window. The virtual remote will pop up.
5. on the top, you will see the menu on the Top, then Select settings, the top box contains all the tools for connecting to your Roku.
6. The first two lines are what you need. For the first time, make the IP address pattern match your network. The default address matches for most of them. The next line lets you specify the number of Rokus on your Network and start scanning to sign them.
7. Remoku will automatically scan through your network’s range of IP addresses and look for ones belonging To Roku devices. When it finds them, it will just list them out for you and you can find your Roku’s IP address.
From your Router
If you want a more direct approach, there is another method, but depends upon your router how it works. Most of the routers have a way to view the devices currently connected, however not all the routers let you see the name of the device or look up the MAC address, you need one of those to identify your Roku address.
- First, you have to open your web browser of choice and log in to your router’s admin interface by entering the Router’s IP address in the URL bar.
2. Depending on your Router, you may see a listing of connected devices immediately. Otherwise, you can sign into the router and browse to the status pages. Those usually contain connection information.
3. Your router could list the Devices by their hostname, which would immediately identify the Roku Devices on your network. They will be listed next to the IP address.
4. if you don’t see any Roku names listed, that is alright. Look for MAC addresses in the listing of devices. Most routers have a column for it.
5. if not, you can also lookup for the IP address on whatsMYIP.org as long as you have the full MAC address.
Frequently asked questions
Go to Settings > Network > About on your Roku device to see its IP address. Your Roku device is utilising a public IP address if the IP address does not fall inside one of these private ranges. Public IP addresses are typically used when a router is absent from your network.
Your Roku lacks an IP address without a network connection. Devices that join to your network are dynamically assigned them by your router. A static IP cannot be entered into a Roku device.
When is star coming back on 2022|star season 4
How to Watch I Want To Eat Your Pancreas on Netflix?
How Does Screen Mirroring On TCL TV Work?
How to Fix Insignia TV Screen is Black?
All Universal Samsung TV Remote Codes